Here at Gill's Service Center, LLC we are proud to be a member of the ASA, which is a not-for-profit organization that benefits our automotive shop as well as our customer who drive in Harpersville. The ASA has been providing services to auto repair shops since 1951, setting standards which have proven results in customer satisfaction, lobbying in the interest of family owned automotive businesses, and a wide array of other beneficial activities.They help us meet higher standards for our customers which make us happy as shop owners and they also work tackling issues within the automotive community and advocating in their best interest. We encourage our drivers and customers when they are out of town and need repairs to always look for an ASA Automotive Repair Shop so that they will be sure to receive the same top quality service for their car, truck, or SUV that they expect here at Gill's Service Center, LLC in Harpersville. It's all about delivering the highest standard in customer service and quality repairs!
What are ASA Shop standards and why are they important to you?
Each ASA Automotive Shop must provide the following...
- An attentiveness to you, the customer. ASA members must work to earn and keep your satisfaction and trust. In fact, an average of 78 percent of customers are repeat customers nationwide.
- Repairs and service backed by years of experience. The average ASA mechanical repair shop is 24 years old and 94 percent of ASA mechanical members are part of family-owned businesses.
- Adherence to ASA’s Code of Ethics that outlines professional business practices.
- Accurate diagnosis and repairs. ASA members must stay up-to-date with evolving vehicle technology by attending technical education classes.
- Access to information. By belonging to ASA, members have access to more than 30 association benefits, including the latest technical and management education and regulatory information.
According to recent studies, 5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities are clearly caused by automobile maintenance neglect. The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment. For more information on this great program see: http://asashop.org
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Here at Gill's Service Center, LLC in Harpersville we check all fluids and do an inspection of your vehicle when you come in as your vehicle safety is important to us. If you have any questions about your vehicle maintenance, safety measures, our shop or team stop in or give us a call. You are always welcome!